The next in our series of trees we recommend for use in local landscaping is the fast-growing Sugar Maple! The experts at Knutsen Landscaping have compiled a list of trees indigenous to our region in Pennsylvania.
Sugar Maple Acer saccharum
- Primary maple tree in the production of maple syrup.
- Fast-growing tree—can grow as much as 1 foot in a year’s time. Average between 40-60 feet tall with a 20-40 foot spread.
- Root systems are shallow, causing them to not be good around compacted, marshy, thin, or dry sandy soils.
- Great trees for urban parks and large landscapes.
- Cultivars include: Flashfire, Green Mountain, Legacy